Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin page just reloads after login

BenB is offline Junior Member

Default Admin page just reloads after login

I've just installed the demo for review. The main site appears to be working properly, but when I try to login to the Admin section the login appears to be processed, but I just end up back at the Admin login screen? I searched the KB, and checked the time sync and setting per the KB article and everything appears correct, but I'm still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Is that the default login you're using or you've created a new one? Make sure the field IsAdmin is set to 3 for super admin. You might want to try it on a different browser as well or try clearing out the browser's cookies.

maria.mir is offline Junior Member

I am getting the same problem. I have tried clearing cache and tested with three different browsers. I even tried setting it up on another machine but i cant login as admin. The page keeps on refreshing when i submit. However, when i try to login using the admin credentials from the front end I can login that means the credentials are correct.

Please let me know how u solved the issue

P.S. I am using the downloadable demo version of the aspdotnetstorefront site.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The only things we've ever seen cause that are the 2 issues mentioned here.

mimpoz is offline Member

I just ran into this problem and it was a time issue - why does the server reset the time out of the blue like this!

gilligan is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Try Using Another Computer to Login to Admin

If you try logging into the Admin site from another computer, it might work.

I noticed on one specific computer, no matter what browser was used, login would recycle back to the Admin login page. I could enter the wrong password and receive a response back that password was bad, but using a good login for the primary admin will always return to a clear login screen.

Now what's interesting, is if I change the login url from the server name to the server's IP address on that specific computer, it will login, with any of the browsers.

So, using a different computer is a workaround for this issue or changing the url to not use the server's name seems to be another workaround. Fortunately this issue only affects one PC. Site is ML9 on IIS 6.

Last bit of info, this issue didn't start occurring until the admin account was locked by using the wrong password. When attempting to reset the password, the password reset loop issue mentioned in other posts started happening, so, I logged onto the local server to reset the password, then noticed after that, couldn't login whatsoever from the original offending computer (the one that used the wrong admin password quite a few times). Seems that ADNSF ML9 must be holding a grudge against that computer.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default admin users unable to login looping back to admin page

The KB article Scott was referring to moved here:

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-the-site.aspx
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support