Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Submenus missing in IE

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Default Admin Submenus missing in IE

We recently had to switch back from 64bit source to 32bit source due to a payment gateway issue. We just noticed that in IE none of the admin horizontal submenus are being displayed. All we get is a white box where the menu should be. We haven't done anything with the Admin Themes, Templates, or Styles. This is working correctly in FF.

We are using ML 9.0.1.2 32 bit.

I checked our 64bit version of the source and that seems to work just fine in IE.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That can happen in IE8 sometimes. Switch it to compatibility mode (the little icon just to the right of the address bar) and it should be ok.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That can happen in IE8 sometimes. Switch it to compatibility mode (the little icon just to the right of the address bar) and it should be ok.
    Thanks, that did fix it for my browser however I don't want to expect everyone to do that. Is there for a fix for this bug?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

This is not a bug in the software, it's an IE8 rendering issue. It happens on some machines and not others, and isn't even consistently on the same machines (I get it sometimes but not always). There's information on problems like this in tons of .NET applications all over the 'Net ...unfortunately IE8 is pretty notorious for things like this. That's probably partly why IE9 is already around the corner.

If we come across something that we can do differently that might help we'll try it, but in the meantime Compatibility Mode works, and we haven't run into this in any other browsers.