Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Remove Add to Cart / Keep Wishlist

donato is offline Senior Member

Default Remove Add to Cart / Keep Wishlist

Exactly, that. . . I want to remove the Add to Cart functionality for now, however, I want to keep the wish list there. I do realize that there is the ability to move an item from the wishlist to the Cart, and I would like to remove that button as well.

Thank you in advance. . .

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can disable it by simply setting ShowBuyButtons and ShowWishButtons appconfigs to false.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    You can disable it by simply setting ShowBuyButtons and ShowWishButtons appconfigs to false.
    Thank you. However, if I set the ShowBuyButtons setting to false, it also removes the Add to Wish List button, regardless if the ShowWishButtons setting is set to false or true. I still want to show the Add to Wish List button. That way, a customer can print their Wish List. We just don't want to enable shopping online as of right now.

This is VERY important to us. . .

Thank you.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's going to take some source code customization to accomplish if you're going to use the built-in 'Add to Wishlist' button. What you could do instead is set the ShowBuyButton attribute to false, and then in the product description you can add your own button, with a link like this:

Code:
    http://www.yoursite.com/addtocart.aspx?productid=#&quantity=#&iswishlist=1
    The 'iswishlist=1' querystring tells the application to put the item in the wishlist rather than the shopping cart.

You'll also have to modify wishlist.aspx to hide the 'Move to Shopping Cart' button.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That's going to take some source code customization to accomplish if you're going to use the built-in 'Add to Wishlist' button. What you could do instead is set the ShowBuyButton attribute to false, and then in the product description you can add your own button, with a link like this:

Code:
    http://www.yoursite.com/addtocart.aspx?productid=#&quantity=#&iswishlist=1
    The 'iswishlist=1' querystring tells the application to put the item in the wishlist rather than the shopping cart.

You'll also have to modify wishlist.aspx to hide the 'Move to Shopping Cart' button.
    I know this is a bit late, but is there a way to show thumbnails and print the wishlist?

Thanks!

~D