Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: User defined fields in Orders and Customers

myalo is offline Junior Member

Default User defined fields in Orders and Customers

Our store orders will be added to another database used by in-house application.
    I need to store the following information:
    For orders:
    Date the order was copied to the other database
    The primary key of the record created in the other database.
    For customers:
    Date the customer was copied to the other database
    The primary key of the customer in the other database.

Yes, I can create separate tables with FK to orders and customers and insert rows there but I wonder if anyone here has another suggestion. Did anyone added fields to Orders without breaking the application? Are there any fields already existing such as THUB_POSTED_TO_ACCOUNTING and THUB_POSTED_DATE and THUB_ACCOUNTING_REF? I am not sure how these fields are being used.
    Thanks
    Moshe

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Pretty much every table in the DB has at least one column called 'ExtensionData' (some have ExtensionData2, 3, etc). I would keep any custom data you need to insert in those columns - we don't use them at all, that's what they're there for. If you store data in other columns (even ones you don't think you're using) you risk getting strange results.