Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: search by variant?

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

Smile search by variant?

wondering if it's possible to search by variant type. couldn't find anything in the documentation or forums on this.

for example, if we sold tshirts we would have MED,LARGE,XL. we'd like to put a link on our front page for "MED, LARGE, XL" and it would then search variants and display results.

advice much appreciated. kinda surprised this isn't in there already!

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

Smile anyboyd?

can anyone (aspdsf staff) offer any advice?

osdude is offline Senior Member

I think you're going to have to get an attribute package "filter by attributes" add-on I think Vibe Commerce has it for around $200

but it doesn't consider current inventory, It works great by colors: red, blue, etc and if your inventory is steady it's totally worth it.

As for an attribute that searches available inventory sizes, those actually in inventory and not just those options, I don't know of one for ASPDNSF.
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott; 05-03-2010 at 06:15 AM.