Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Single Sign On

zwheeler is offline Junior Member

Default Single Sign On

Hi all

i am new to aspdotnetstorefront. my client has been using storefront for the pass couple of years; however, there association has grown. They have a need for Single Sign On capability.

They want to integrate another application with storefront and pass the product and customer information from store front to the new backend database.

?1. Is there any documentation on Single Sign On for Storefront (if so could you point me in the right direction)
    ?1a. Are there any simple examples that show how to do this

?2. Where can i get a list of the web services that provide the customer and product information.

Thanks in Advance

Zac

mick is offline Junior Member

I have the same question, particularly with the same support suite that AspDotNetStorefront is using by Kayako. Are you currently, or are you planning on doing a SSO with your Kayako SupportSuite?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Is there any documentation on Single Sign On for Storefront
    - There's no documentation on how to implement SSO as it's going to vary a lot by what application you're integrating with. In 8.x and earlier, we used custom integration logic that was only accessible to customers with the source code (and not even fully then), so it was often easier to change the other application you're integrating with to accept a login/session from our app. Starting in version 9 we're using standard .NET membership code, so integrating with apps that are compatible with that will be much easier.

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Please confirm

I have version 9. you have stated it will be easier to integrate membership in v9, but does that mean it will be possible without the source? Is there anything the explains the membership provider in V9?

I have tried to integrate one other piece of software that seems to be working so far, but some functions fails as it calls the getallusers method which in ADNSF was not implemented. So to implement this method would I need the source code?

Thanks
    MSX

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default bumb

any reply to that last question would be great
    MSX