Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: automate recurring orders

zmm12345 is offline Junior Member

Default automate recurring orders

Is there any way to automate recurring orders that they are processed on their order date automatically?

I recently forgot to check "today's recurring orders" and missed an order.

Thanks
    Zalman

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Depending on the payment gateway you are using, you may be able to automate it entirely - http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...g-billing.aspx
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

I am using authorize.net

2 questions:

1) to enable "Recurring.UseGatewayInternalBilling" do I need to activate with authorize.net the recurring billing feature?

2) what happens to recurring orders that were set up before I switched to internal billing?

Thanks

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Did you ever get this set up?

Can this be done with any other Gateways?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

zmm12345:

#1 You need to enable ARB service from your Authorize.net's account, yes.

#2 They should stay "as-is". You'll have to process them manually in the admin just like before. Automated Recurring Subscription is only created on the first order when Recurring.UseGatewayInternalBilling is true.

sduffy77: Gateway recurring billing feature is only supported on PayPal payflowpro and Authorize.net gateways out of the box. See manual.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 11-01-2010 at 11:12 PM.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

We created a solution that auto-processes recurring orders that have passed their scheduled intervals daily via WSI executing an xml package.

Greg is offline Junior Member

Default ARB from Authorize.net

We are considering using the ARB option for a few reasons.

1. It will seem to automate the billing process and avoid the need to manually process all recurring orders.

2. It will hopefully give us better control over the use of discount coupons which only seem to stick to the initial order from the storefront, and not to subsequent orders.

My only concern is how to handle changes in the quantity ordered. For example... if a customer usually orders 10 of a product every month, but decides that they need 15 from now on... how is this managed? Do they cancel the old order and make an entirely new one? Can the quantity be adjusted by the customer?

And finally, is all this visible on the customers order history in the storefront?

#1 & 2 are good points.

Currently, updating any existing ARB transaction is not possible out of the box. That's doable via custom changes though , they actually call it "ARBUpdateSubscriptionRequest". You can refer to their Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) XML/API Guide for more info.

Meantime, they can stop their existing ARB subscription (see the image below) and have them place an order again with the same item.

From account.aspx page:
    Name:  account.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  59.4 KB

Default recurring order arb issue

I just tried turning on automated recurring billing through authorize.net but I am getting an error. In the send request to create the arb subscription it is putting the amount as
    <amount>30.474112500</amount> instead of $30.47

Therefor I am getting this response:

FAILED
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ErrorResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"><messages><resultCode>Error</resultCode><message><code>E00003</code><text>The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:amount' element is invalid - The value '30.474112500' is invalid according to its datatype 'Decimal' - The FractionDigits constraint failed.</text></message></messages></ErrorResponse>

This is the only time I have ever seen this one with Authorize.net. What is the 4-digit version you are on? What is the product's recurring type set to?

9.0.1.3 Admin Pack:Installed
    9.0.1.3SP1:Installed