Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding Vectors & Genres to V9 & Menu

dayhawk is offline Member

Default Adding Vectors & Genres to V9 & Menu

I can't seem to add either Vectors or Genres to the menu and to the tree view.

Is there anything different between v8 and v9? Do I need to create rev.vectors.xml.config and rev.vec.tabs.xml.config and rev.vec.xml.config?

Updating the menudata.xml didn't seem to do the trick in customizing the menu.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Do you have the source code?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

No, we don't, George. I was able to do it without source code in v8, so I'm hoping I can replicate that.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Because of the architecture changes there was lots of code that got moved around. There are several places in the ProductMappingLinkItem class that don't account for vectors or genres. I've added them for the next version, but to use them in 9 through 9.0.1.2 you need source to add these. Next maintenance release should be out this week

Also, with the rev.* xmlpackages...these aren't used for left nav anymore, and the menuData.xml is not used for the horizontal menu. The horizontal menu is now controlled by the page.menu.xml.config xmlpackage which can be found in the root XmlPackages directory, and the left navs are controlled by the aspdnsf:EntityControl lines in the masterpage. Once the changes to the queries are completed in ProductMappingLinkItem, you can add these to the horizontal nav by adding these lines to the XmlPackages/page.menu.xml.config
    Code:
    <siteMapNode title="(!menu.Vectors!)" type="vector" />
    <siteMapNode title="(!menu.Genres!)" type="genre" />
    and to the left nav by adding these lines to the masterpage
    Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityVector" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.VectorPromptPlural %>"
        EntityType="Vector" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityGenre" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.GenrePromptPlural %>"
        EntityType="Genre" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    Last edited by George the Great; 04-12-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks, George! I look forward to the maintenance release.

mike2016 is offline Junior Member

Is this the same on ML 8.0 also? we are still testing out the demo version..

deselt is offline Senior Member

Default Vectors & Ganres in V9.01.3

We just updated from 9.0.1.2 to 9.0.1.3 but still don’t see Vectors & Genres. Can you please post how to make them fully functional? We have source code.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

For genres and vectors, have a look this thread.

JustBen is offline Junior Member

Default No info on Version 9

It appears to me that vectors have vanished in version #9. They still exist in the DB but I haven't seen anything about them in the code or forum.

I would love to find out I'm wrong.

We're using vectors and genres in 9.0.1.3 SP1. You might go through the codes and uncomment some parts and add a few lines...

This is a very crude note I made a while back for V9. Not all files need to be changed as I learned later. But it might offer a starting point for you.

• Admin/Controls
    ○ AdminMenu.ascx.cs [uncomment]
    ○ BulkEditVariants.ascx.cs [MAYBE]
    ○ EntityMenu.ascx.cs [UNCOMMENT]

• Admin/EntityHelper
    ○ ComponentArtTreeEntityMenu.xslt [ADD XSL]
    ○ EntityMenuList.xslt [ADD XSL]
    ○ EntityULList.xslt [ADD XSL]
    ○ EntityULListPhone.xslt [ADD XSL]
    ○ PlainEntityList.xslt [ADD XSL]

• Admin/
    ○ editCoupons.aspx.cs [MAYBE]
    ○ editpolls.aspx.cs [MAYBE]
    ○ entityEdit.aspx.cs [CS x 5]
    ○ entityEditProducts.aspx.cs [CS]
    ○ entityEditProductVariant.aspx.cs [CS]
    ○ giftcards.aspx.cs [CS]
    ○ NewEntities.aspx.cs [CS]
    ○ phonesearch.aspx.cs [CS]
    ○ products.aspx.cs [CS; MIGHT NEED TO ADD APPCONFIGS: VectorPromptSingular & GenrePromptSingular]
    ○ saleprices.aspx.cs [CS; similar to products.aspx.cs except AppConfig.VectorPromptPlural & AppConfig.GenrePromptPlural MIGHT BE NEEDED.]
    ○ search.aspx.cs [CS]

• App_Code
    ○ TemplateBase.cs [CS]
    MSx 9.2, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2008 R2 Web 64-Bit

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Need instructions for Genre and Vectors

I check the thread mentioned above and that had no instructions for Ver 9 multi-store Genre and Vectors.
    Would like to use them if possible.

campbelt101 is offline Member

I'm running version 9.1.0.1 (no source code) and the Vectors and Genre menu item in the admin has disappeared. Any idea how I can get it back. I don't need the functionality on the front end, but it would be nice to see them in the Admin. We use them for Trib.