Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI with WSE3 in VS2008

Macmillan is offline Junior Member

Default WSI with WSE3 in VS2008

We are trying to use the WSI with WSE3 in a test console app running under VS2008.

The problem we are finding is that when we add a Web Reference we are unable to access the methods that adds the UsernameToken to the Soap Request.

UsernameToken token = new UsernameToken(email, password, PasswordOption.SendHashed);
    WSI.AspDotNetStorefrontImportWebServiceWse svc = new WSI.AspDotNetStorefrontImportWebServiceWse();
    svc.RequestSoapContext.Security.Tokens.Add(token);
    svc.DoItWSE3Completed += new DoItWSE3CompletedEventHandler(WSEAnsycDone);
    svc.DoItWSE3Async(InputXml.Text.Trim());

(The same is true when we open the WSITestProgram - found at the bottom of http://www2.aspdotnetstorefront.com/...ead.php?t=6775).

We suspect this may be a compatibility issue with VS2008 and WSE3 . Has anyone else ran into the problem and found a solution to this.

Thanks

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Not necessarily a compatibility issue, but a conversion issue. I'm assuming that you opened the WSI test application in Visual Studio 2008, which automatically caused a conversion to take place, yes? Then you used that as the basis for creating your test app?

The issue here is that the WSE references in the Reference.cs file were automatically removed during the conversion process. If you grab the Reference.cs file from the app you converted and the Reference.cs file from the original WSI test application and compare them (just grab a free copy of WinMerge and do a quick file diff), I bet you'll find that the WSE methods and references are missing from the converted file.

You can either merge over the original lines (careful here though...this file is easy to mess up) or just copy the original Reference.cs file into the new application (assuming you haven't made any changes)
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

JustBen is offline Junior Member

Default WSE 3 not supported in visual studio 2008

WSE 3 is not supported in visual studio 2008 and the files the WSI still used WSE 3 so that is a compatibility issue. The WSI should be updated to use System.ServiceModel trying to work around WSE incompatibility with Visual Studio 2008 is an enormous headache that should have been addressed at some point in the last three years.

bwarrior is offline Junior Member

I should say, I'm having the same issue but replacing my Reference.cs file after the update conversion solved the problem. It would be nice if the exe file came with the solution. Someone should really fix that so people can just download and run it. I think very few people are using Visual Studio 2005 at this point.