Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Submit Order Error

Sharpleaf is offline Junior Member

Default Submit Order Error

Well I got one problem resolved, let's move on to the next shall we?

I was testing placing an order and I got all the way to the screen with the "submit order" button just fine. But once I actually click "submit order" I get a blank content pane.
    If I'm logged in as an administrator it tells me that there has been an error and to look it up in the admin section.
    So I went to admin->configuration->maintenance->view system log and this is the error and its stack trace:

130 4/9/2010 9:31:05 AM GeneralException Error Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Details
    Page URL:/storefront_arg/checkoutreview.aspx
    Source:AspDotNetStorefrontGateways
    Message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Stack Trace:
    at AspDotNetStorefrontGateways.Gateway.ProcessCard(Sh oppingCart cart, String GateWay, String TransactionMode, Int32 CustomerID, Int32 OrderNumber, Address UseBillingAddress, String CardExtraCode, Address UseShippingAddress, Decimal OrderTotal, Boolean useLiveTransactions, String CAVV, String ECI, String XID, String& AVSResult, String& AuthorizationResult, String& AuthorizationCode, String& AuthorizationTransID, String& TransactionCommand, String& TransactionResponse, String& GatewayUsed)
    at AspDotNetStorefrontGateways.Gateway.MakeOrder(Stri ng PaymentGatewayToUse, String TransactionMode, ShoppingCart cart, Int32 OrderNumber, String CAVV, String ECI, String XID, String RecurringSubscriptionID)
    at AspDotNetStorefront.checkoutreview.ProcessCheckout () in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StoreFront_ARG\Web\checkoutrevi ew.aspx.cs:line 483
    at AspDotNetStorefront.checkoutreview.ContinueCheckou t() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StoreFront_ARG\Web\checkoutrevi ew.aspx.cs:line 190
    at AspDotNetStorefront.checkoutreview.btnContinueChec kout2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StoreFront_ARG\Web\checkoutrevi ew.aspx.cs:line 183
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

now, I only speak a little geek... can anyone who is more fluent help me figure out what the problem is?

(I'll work on my geek, don't worry)

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

This is probably one that's going to need to go to support. See if you can send a ticket in (make sure you mention which gateway you're using) and we'll take a look.