Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AJAX One Page Checkout

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Default AJAX One Page Checkout

We want to have the one page checkout spilt up into different sections. We like the one page checkout due to the fact the page does not need to refresh (Bar loading shipping options)

Would it be possible to use AJAX to have requests sent back to the cs file (for loading shipping options, creating the account etc.) without the whole page visibly refreshing?

Anyone have any idea about this or know the best place to start?

Thanks in advance.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Probably want to start with upgrading to v9. v9 has native support for Ajax, where versions prior to that will likely require removing component art and hacking skinbase to get ajax working.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Ah sorry I am skin up the ver9 locally and I wish to achieve this locally (on ver9)
    =====

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Nicole is offline Administrator

If you're still looking for an Ajax solution, Vortx just released a new version of One Page Checkout you might be interested in. You can demo it at http://superstore.vortx.com, add a product to the cart and go to checkout to test it out, it works with anonymous checkout by detecting after the email is entered whether the user is registered and the remaining fields change based on whether or not there is an existing account. If the account exists, the address is pre-populated. The entire thing uses Ajax, so no page refreshes.

As a rule, we frown on flagrant sales activity on any forum, but I also don't want anyone in the community to have to pay to have something built custom when such a thing already exists. Our One Page Checkout works with versions 8 & 9, PM me if you'd like to know more.

Thanks for the info Nicole, however I have already gotten in touch with yourself and you passed me over to the developers to chat more

However we are looking to do this on ver 8 however we may wait until we know more about how the software will be developing
    =====

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Here is an example of a site we have done on v8 that uses ajax one page checkout:

http://www.nutrasupply.com/c-570-brands.aspx

note Here are the ajax enhancements:

Ajax shipping estimator

Ajax Zipcode retrieval (type in your zipcode and the system auto-fills your state, city, country and area code)

Add something to your cart and you can check it out. This is part of our see system:
    www.simrun.com/aspdotnetstorefront.aspx
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

Aha! Didn't recognize your username at first.

I hope our dev team was able to help with your customizations - let me know if you change your mind and all and would like to take an alternate route and use our out-of-the-box offering. Our One Page Checkout uses .Net controls, if you're familiar with those, you may be able to modify it yourself. Let me know if I can help further!

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VortxNicole View Post
    Aha! Didn't recognize your username at first.

I hope our dev team was able to help with your customizations - let me know if you change your mind and all and would like to take an alternate route and use our out-of-the-box offering. Our One Page Checkout uses .Net controls, if you're familiar with those, you may be able to modify it yourself. Let me know if I can help further!
    Hi Nicole, I have a support ticket in on OnePageCheckout not working with Cybersource payment gateway. Would this Vortex version fix that?
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott; 08-19-2010 at 08:07 AM.

I suppose it depends on the problem you're having - just sent a PM with more info.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VortxNicole View Post
    I suppose it depends on the problem you're having - just sent a PM with more info.
    Does your One page checkout support multi-ship to addresses? Gift Registry Items? Gift Cards?

v9.0.1.3 Checkout1.aspx still doesn't work with Cybersource out of the box. I'm still waiting on a patch for it.

Coupons & Gift Cards are supported, Gift Registry & Multiple ship-to are not supported at this time. Customer feedback always plays an important and primary role in our product development decisions, and our One Page Checkout is no exception. If you'd like to submit a feature request, please send to: productsupport@vortx.com.