Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Show Coupon Discription

apastue@kingpar.com is offline Junior Member

Default Show Coupon Discription

Is there a way to have the coupon description show up on the shopping cart page after the customer enters the coupon code?

I need this to show for special discount descriptions

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

It would take a little customization, but nothing too terribly complex.

First, add a literal to the shoppingcart.aspx page where you want it to display. Something like:

Code:
    <asp:literal ID="coupondesc" runat="server" Visible="true"></asp:literal>
    Then, in the codebehind, you'll need something like this to set the text value on the literal after the coupon is submitted:

Code:
    coupondesc.Text = cart.Coupon.Description;
    You'll probably want that in all the btnUpdate methods - btnUpdateCart1_Click, btnUpdateCart2_Click, etc

davlun is offline Member

Default I also needed this

Thanks. I also needed this.

Want to try and use it to let the customer know the coupon was applied for free shipping, otherwise they do not see anything on the page to let them know the coupon applied.