Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: editing customer e-mails

lightbox is offline Junior Member

Default editing customer e-mails

Is there a WYSIWYG way to edit customer e-mails (ie order confirmaiton, lost passwords, etc...)? or do we have to edit the XXMLs Yikes?

Also, is there a list of parameters to insert into the e-mails (order details, ship to address, etc.., etc..).

I searched the manual and the forum, but I can not find any details on editing the e-mails. Am I missing something?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

No, there is non, but the contents can be edited by going to String Resource Mgr in the admin panel. Emails coming from the store are handled by an XMLPackage, you can customize the format, and add additional parameters there if you want via modifying the Notification.*.xml.config located in the xmlpackages folder (e.g. Notification.receipt.xml.config).
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 04-06-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Thank you for the quick reply.
    are there any instructions anywhere of how to edit the XML files?
    Anywehre where I can see the actual e-mail, so I can tell how it should be edited?

It would be nice if the e-mails were editable like the content pages in the HTML editor.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Have a look at XML tutorial.

To see the actually emails generated by the software, use the mailing test to have the software send out TEST receipts, order notifications, shipped emails, etc.

Or, am I totally misunderstanding your question?

Alfred, Thank you very much. This is helpful, although a WYSIWYG editor would be real nice for laymen people like me.
    my old cart StoreFront.net as outdated and obsolete as it is had a real nice e-mail editor with a module for inserting parameters into the e-mails, and that made my life much easier. I guess I have to hit the books on XML.