Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Inventory Question

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Question Inventory Question

Has anybody ever experience a situation, where a product that is not in stock, continues to appear to be stock, even though we keep setting the inventory to zero.

We have over 25k items and we updated all of our items via sql, but for some reason, items that we keep setting to zero keep coming up as in stock.

Please advise.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Have you actually set the HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel AppConfig to hide products below the level you want? We default that to show all products.

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Default products appearing

Let me try to be more clear on what is happening. I want the items to still appear. But for some reason, these items are still allowed to go into the shopping cart. Now this seems to only happen when a customer is referred by one of the shopping engines. The cart then allows them to add the item to the cart. But if I go to this same item with out coming through the shopping engine (example shopzilla), then it will not allow me to add this out of stock item. We are looking to upgrade the cart, this week and hoping this is something that should be corrected. But have you ever seen or heard of something like this?