Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: jQuery and V9 Problems

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

Default jQuery and V9 Problems

Anybody else try and drop jQuery into Version 9 ML?

I'm getting tons of javascript errors with postbacks. In particular, the product page Add To Cart no longer works properly...
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

hosteddesign is offline Junior Member

Default I have had some issues

I have not explored these in depth however I too have had some issues when I tried 2 simple sliding .js's

In older versions I recall the need to edit the editor config file. In version 9 this config files is no longer there.

Are scripts now permanently allowed?
    I could not see anything in appconfigs either.

Cheers!
    Brent

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The ConfigFile method of managing the RAD editor has been deprecated by Telerik. The new way to handle this is by setting attributes on the control where it's added to the page. So for example, to enable scripts in topics, you would open up /admin/topic.aspx and look for:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">
         <ImageManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <DocumentManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <FlashManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <MediaManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <SilverlightManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <TemplateManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
    ...and add the 'AllowScripts' attribute, changing it to:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" AllowScripts="true" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">
         <ImageManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <DocumentManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <FlashManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <MediaManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <SilverlightManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />
         <TemplateManager UploadPaths="~/Images" ViewPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images" />

cfwebmasters is offline Junior Member

Default No issues for us with jQuery

We're running both jQuery 1.3.2 and jQuery 1.4.2 in our version 8 and version 9 sites without any conflicts that we're aware of. All of the shopping cart functions work as expected, as well as the product pages (with the exceptions of a bug in the VariantsInDropdown form validation code in version 9 that exists whether jQuery is loaded or not).

In fact, we've used jQuery to heavily adapt the 1-page checkout "cart" tables to format alternate rows, remove inline styles, color the total and subtotal rows, position the tax and shipping items, etc to great effect without any errors.

Don't know that that will help you much. Hunting down the cause of .js errors is definitely a pain. But, fwiw, we've had great success adding jQuery.

Best of luck to you.

aahmadi3 is offline Member

Scott this worked perfectly for the topics but what file do I make this change on for Scripts to work in "Departments"?
    Thanks.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

should be in Entityedit.aspx file.

suedeapple is offline Member

We've used jquery 1.4.2 heavily in www.chocolate.co.uk for a heap of formatting, and interaction tweaks.

Not seen any problems at all.

macecase is offline Member

I have set AllowScripts="true" in the \wwwroot\admin\topics.aspx page but still am getting my script commented out.

I have tried HTML HTML OK: as yes and no.... Still not running.

I am on version 9.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    The ConfigFile method of managing the RAD editor has been deprecated by Telerik. The new way to handle this is by setting attributes on the control where it's added to the page. So for example, to enable scripts in topics, you would open up /admin/topic.aspx and look for:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">
    ...and add the 'AllowScripts' attribute, changing it to:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" AllowScripts="true" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">