Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 Invalid Menu XML

RBrun is offline Member

Default V9 Invalid Menu XML

I am suddenly getting an error that I am not sure how to track down... I have tried pulling out any code changes I made, removing any extra files... etc and no luck

..and yes I know everybody says it ;) I don't "think" I made any changes to cause the error.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Rob

Page URL:/SFConvert/default.aspx
    Source:App_Code.4y5epz3_
    Stack Trace:
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.GetMenu Xml() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 230
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.BuildSi teMapTree() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 130
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.BuildSi teMap() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 102
    at AspDotNetStorefront.SiteMapProviderFactory.GetSite Map(Customer thisCustomer) in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\SiteMapProviderFacto ry.cs:line 61
    at AspDotNetStorefront.MasterPageBase.SetupMenu() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\MasterPageBase.cs:li ne 319
    at AspDotNetStorefront.MasterPageBase.OnPreRender(Eve ntArgs e) in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\MasterPageBase.cs:li ne 222
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Make sure your /XmlPackages/page.menu.xml.config file is well formed and doesn't have any strange characters in it. You might have to replace it with the stock file, then gradually re-introduce any changes you've made to figure out what's causing it to break.

RBrun is offline Member

I did what you asked to be sure and no change.... So for fun I created a new site using only the files from the 9.1.2 package but connecting to the same database as the old site.

Same error. Could there be something in the database? An AppConfig etc?

Thanks,
    Rob

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

From the posted error, I saw "Source:App_Code.4y5epz3_ " which looks like a corrupt asp.net temp files. Could you try clearing out those files there (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files)?

RBrun is offline Member

Figured it out...

Setting a breakpoint in ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.cs at line 228 (doc.LoadXml(menuXml) I was able to see more about the error - "Multiple Root Nodes"

That info may be useful to you...

The actual problem was having XmlPackage.DumpTransform set to True in the AppConfig.

I discovered this when I went to my clean install and turned it on so I could peek at the XML and compare it to my broken site hoping to find a the Multiple Root Nodes.

As soon as I set it to true my clean install site broke as well.

This appears to happen on both 9.1.1 and 9.1.2 both clean install with demo database and upgraded install from 8.x

Thanks for the help!
    Rob
    ========================
    Rob Brun

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Just finished a fix for this that will be in the next maintenance release
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

RBrun is offline Member

I've just updated my dev site to the 9.1.3 code and I am getting the same error - a few different line numbers in the error though.

This happens when setting XmlPackage.DumpTransform to true

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Page URL:/sfconvert/default.aspx
    Source:App_Code.xldhfafj
    Stack Trace:
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.GetMenu Xml() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 252
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.BuildSi teMapTree() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 152
    at AspDotNetStorefront.ASPDNSFSiteMapProvider.BuildSi teMap() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\ASPDNSFSiteMapProvid er.cs:line 124
    at AspDotNetStorefront.SiteMapProviderFactory.GetSite Map(Customer thisCustomer, Int32 maxDynamicDisplayLvl) in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\SiteMapProviderFacto ry.cs:line 73
    at AspDotNetStorefront.MasterPageBase.SetupMenu() in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\MasterPageBase.cs:li ne 319
    at AspDotNetStorefront.MasterPageBase.OnPreRender(Eve ntArgs e) in c:\Develop\SFConvert\App_Code\MasterPageBase.cs:li ne 222
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    ========================
    Rob Brun

It looks like one or 2 of the fixes we intended to include just didn't make this build. Contact Support and we'll see if we can get you an update.

adamw is offline Junior Member

Default Same issue

I'm having the same error. Was this ever resolved or do I have to contact customer support as well?

kgupta is offline Junior Member

Default Invalid Menu Xml!!! - Same Error I am getting , Is that Resolved??

Quote Originally Posted by adamw View Post
    I'm having the same error. Was this ever resolved or do I have to contact customer support as well?
    please let me know if the above error resolved , I am facing the same issue with Version 9.

thanks,
    Kanav

If it's the problem with setting XmlPackage.DumpTransform to true, that should be taken care of in the next release.

If you're just getting the 'Invalid Menu Xml!!!' message without that AppConfig, then see my earlier reply - there's something wrong with your XML.