Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help! With Menu Navigation

bhansel is offline Junior Member

Default Help! With Menu Navigation

Hi...I'm trying to create a new menu that shows links directly to categories...not dropdown. Please see our site http://www.obedding.com and on the top horitzontial navigation (which now is home, theme, product types, etc.) and I want to make it Boys Bedding (which points directly to the boys bedding page, Girls Bedding (which points to girls bedding), etc.

I've tried editing the menudata.xml file but it's not working. What is the right syntax for this?

Thanks so much!
    Beth

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

i believe you would want to alter your template file in your skin (assuming you are pre-v9 of aspdnsf) and perhaps some of your style.css (also in your skin folder)

bhansel is offline Junior Member

how can i do that and keep the current drop downs? i want to add the link "boys bedding" kind of like the home one...

here is the line for that
    <item Text="(!menu.Home!)" NavigateUrl="http://www.obedding.com" LookId="TopItemLook"/>

how can i make one that points to the boys category using the anchor text "boys bedding"

i hope this makes sense! i'm kind of green

version:
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.0.0
    Last edited by bhansel; 04-01-2010 at 09:44 AM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It seems to me that you want to display your categories in the top menu instead of placing them in the drop down under categories menu, correct? Absolutely, you can do that by only changing:

Code:
    <item Text="(!menu.Categories!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />

To:

<item Text="(!menu.Categories0!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    Yes, you only need to add zero(0).

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Is this do-able in v9 as well?

kdalal is offline Member

I am trying to implement the same thing for v9.Is it possible to do it?

davlun is offline Member

Default I also would like to do this.

v9 for me too, and same request.

I know it is easy to add static links, done that already, but the category has me stumped.

How can I approach this?

David