Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Uploading Extension Data

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Uploading Extension Data

We are launching a new site (stuck on version 7.0.1 for now). We have a custom display plackage that displays Extension Data.

However when we upload from Excel the Extension Data field is not uploading. It remains empty. If we manually paste the extension data, it display fine, so the display package is working. If we use the Excel upload sheet on one of our older sites the extension data uploads fine.

So, I'm thinking there is something we have to do on the new site to get the extension data to upload from the Excel sheet. I checked the manual and the KB and don't see it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Thanks,
    Tom

I don't know much about the source code but I found something in entityEditProducts.aspx.cs that looks like it might be related. Could this Extension Data upload require a source code change?

Tom

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Just checked this on v.8.x - 9 and the ExtensionData was uploading just fine. You're version is quite old already, so it's possible that the ExtensionData upload was not yet implemented there. If you'd really want this functionality, you'll need to upgrade to the latest to take advantage of other feature enhancements as well.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that before I arrived, custom mods were mode to our 7.0.1 version by a third party firm and by ASPDNSF staff and no one here has any clue what was done. Updating is going to be a big challenge. We have 15 licenses and don't have the resources at the moment to undertake this project. I'm learning aspdnsf as I go along and can probably do the upgrade when I learn a bit more. But for now I need to get all these sites up and live.

The Extension Data upload is working on our first 6 sites, so I just need to figure out which module was changed and make sure we're using the latest module on our newest sites. (Or learn how to make the change and compile the code without breaking anything.)

Anyone have any idea what module handles this Excel Import?

Thanks,
    Tom