Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AllowCustDupliEMailAddr = False, now unable to process phone-in orders

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Default AllowCustDupliEMailAddr = False, now unable to process phone-in orders

We've just set the config:AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses to false and today was entering a phone-in order for a repeat cust. and when I clicked the "use cust" button I was given an error message that said: !!!DUPLICATE E-MAILS NOT ALLOWED!!! ?????? This is an existing customer, which I entered their cust. number in the phone order search field and clicked the "select" button. In no way was I creating a duplicate account.

This seems to be a bug, is this a known issue??? Please Help!

Thanks,
    David
    ML 8.0.1.2

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

If you had AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses set to true initially and this customer ordered more than once then that email is in the db twice now. Setting this config to false is now preventing this customer (you acting on their behalf) from using that same email address.

Thanks for the quick reply - and yes you are correct, Had I searched using their e-mail address instead of the cust number I would have seen that was the case.

Now the question is: Can you help me with an sql statement that would return all the e-mails addresses that have more than 1 account. that way I can go in and invalidate the older accounts?

Thanks again for your help!
    David
    ML 8.0.1.2

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

This query will return all of the email addresses that occur more than once in the Customer table, and how many times they occur:

SELECT Email,
    COUNT(Email) AS NumOccurrences
    FROM Customer
    GROUP BY Email
    HAVING ( COUNT(Email) > 1 )

**This is just a select so you aren't going to hurt anything, but make sure you make a full backup of the DB first just in case before you start working on the DB directly.

That worked, Thanks!
    ML 8.0.1.2