Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Price By Size

lellenburg is offline Junior Member

Default Price By Size

We are using sizes to add a specific amount to the price. For example "Large[2.60]". This works fine for users who are not assigned to a customer level.

However, when a user with an assigned customer level places the item in their cart, the price displays as $2.60 (rather than adding the $2.60 to the price of the item).

When I go to the Admin Panel and change the user's customer level to "no level" the cart automatically adjusts to the correct pricing. If I change the level back to a custom level, the cart automatically updates to the incorrect price.

I have looked at the data in SQL and have determined ShoppingCart.ProductPrice is changed when an admin adjusts the customer level.

We are not using level discounts - simply using levels to group customers and determine taxable.

Any idea what is going on here?
    Thanks!

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You may want to submit a ticket to our support team to look into this a bit further. Did you define any extended pricing for your customers?

Default Wsi

Bingo - the extended pricing is the issue.

I am using WSI to import and update products. Because the site is wholesale only, I am using extended pricing for sale items.

Here's the problem - through WSI, I was unable to remove the extended pricing when an item goes off sale so I set it to "0" - thus causing the price problem.

How can I remove extended pricing through WSI?

Nevermind - I was able to use the empty tag . . .

<ExtendedPrices AutoCleanup="true"/>

. . . to remove extended pricing.

Thanks!