Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 Manufacturers in Dropdown

RBrun is offline Member

Default V9 Manufacturers in Dropdown

I thought I could figure this out on my own... but I'm defeated now...

I am trying to convert my v8 skin and use the MANUFACTURER_SELECT_LIST token, but can't get it to display.

I know there were plenty of changes to tokens for v9, but I can't find anything that will get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Rob

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The MANUFACTURER_SELECT_LIST token was deprecated, that doesn't exist in ML9. The menus should be generated with our new controls, like in the new template.master file:

Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityManufacturer" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural %>"
                        EntityType="Manufacturer" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    There's a full list of the supported tokens at http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...in-tokens.aspx

RBrun is offline Member

Thanks - I've been through all of that info.

With over 40 manufacturers and adding more regularly it's not reasonable to have them listed the way the new control generates them.

Does anything exist to tell the new control to display the items in a drop down?

Thanks,
    Rob