Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.Application' is null or not an object

kpaul is offline Member

Default Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.Application' is null or not an object

I'm getting a weird error on a page I built that uses some Ajax controls. When I run in debug it stops and VS gives the error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.Application' is null or not an object" and highlights a line in a dynamically created file called ScriptResource.axd. The line it highlights is:

Code:
    if(typeof(Sys)!=='undefined')Sys.Application.notifyScriptLoaded();
    The page runs fine and the Ajax controls all work but I get that little yellow exclamation point in the lower left corner of the browser when the page loads.

The page is a form whose results get written to a database and emailed. See http://goo.gl/Pf6GQ for the page in question. On load, I am clearing the "Content" control and replacing it with my .ascx file. Is there some incompatibility with ASPDNSF and Ajax or could this error be caused by something else?
    Last edited by kpaul; 03-04-2011 at 09:07 AM.

kpaul is offline Member

Anybody? Bueller?

MarcJ is offline Senior Member

Are you using an update panel? If so, try moving any other AJAX controls that you may have that don't explicitly need to be in the panel, to the outside of the panel. One common control that causes this is progress overlay.

kpaul is offline Member

Thanks for the reply, Marc. Yes, I am using one update panel for the whole form. I'll try splitting it up and see if that help. Problem is there are so many elements that update I may need a lot of update panels. I'll let you know how it goes.

sbeheshti is offline Junior Member

Did you solve the issue. I am having the same problem.

I am adding the scriptmanager onpreinit and getting the same error. Some how the scriptresource won't upload.
    Please help.
    Last edited by sbeheshti; 09-27-2010 at 11:09 AM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - ScottF is offline Administrator

Default The solution

We just found the solution for this issue. The details are posted here:
    https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....leid=459&nav=0