Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using SKU for Image Name

keithp34 is offline Junior Member

Question Using SKU for Image Name

We are trying to change our image names from the product id to the SKU - however after changing the XML Configuration 'UseSkuForProductImageName' to true, reseting the cache, and even restarting the web site, images uploaded through the admin still save as [productid].jpg and not [SKU].jpg - however the images on the site look for [SKU].jpg. Obviously an issue.

Any ideas on why this is - am I missing another configuration setting (I didn't see any that seamed to apply)? or is this a bug?

Thanks.

BTW - I am using V9.0.1.2

Also, I have tried this with UseImageResize both true and false as well as using and not using "Image Filename Override" in the product admin page - same results.
    Last edited by keithp34; 03-29-2010 at 09:04 AM.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

This has been logged and is going to be looked into, I confirmed the behavior.

MPH is offline Member

Also, I have tried this with UseImageResize both true and false as well as using and not using "Image Filename Override" in the product admin page - same results.

"ImageFileName Override" serves only one function. It simply is a call reference to the image in the same way as if the image name was given on an Excel spreadsheet.

"UseImageResize" is only the routine that resizes a large image to make it a medium and small/icon sized image.

the image resize thing was more a shot in the dark - however I did notice that in some cases, when I use the medium multi-image manager, that those images saved with the SKU. So, something is definately a bit off.

Unhappy

My client really needs to prevent users from 'guessing' our next product due to the incremental nature of adding new Product ID's. Using "random" SKU's to in turn make the image names 'not as guessable' would definitely do the trick - if it worked.

I'd greatly appreciate some guidance on this one if someone knows how to go about fixing this - or has a better idea.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I believe this is still a bug in 9.0.1.3 as far as I can tell. Any word on a fix or if there is something we can do in our own code to make this work until an official fix bundled in a release?