Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Invalid Login

r_bachar is offline Junior Member

Default Invalid Login

Hello,

I've download the trial version. When I tried to log in with the default Admin i got the "invalid log in" message.
    I've tried to set a new user manually with the script, and I've restarted the server so it will be encrypted.
    Is there anything else that can case this problem?
    I've also tried to set t new user via the site (a simple user) and set it's credentials to Admin, it didn't work....

Thanks

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Passwords are case-sensitive. Are you sure you've been using the correct credentials? Can you verify you are connected to the correct database? Can you outline some of the steps you've said you've taken to add new users and set admin permissions, and maybe outline what you see in your database when you're viewing the table?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

case-sensitive - Checked

correct credentials - Checked

connected to the correct database - Checked

In the Data Base i Can see the password that I've set, and after i restart the server i see the same cell as encrypted

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There isn't really an issue like this, I wonder if you can go direct to your DB and execute "select IsRegistered,* from customer where isadmin>1". The IsRegistered field value should be 1.

Yes I can...

All Of the user that "isadmin>1" returns...

???

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Follow these directions here in the KB and reset the password directly from your DB. If registered =1 and isadmin=3, but still you cannot login then there are only two reasons why that's occurring: 1) You must have changed the encrypt key in the web.file right after the password was hashed, 2) The password really didn't match.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 03-28-2010 at 06:02 PM.

You must have changed the encrypt key in the web.file right after the password was hashed

What are the steps that I need to take if this is the case?

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

I have the new version 9x
    I can loin to admin area but not the front end, it just tells me it is an invalid login and if I try to reset my password it say the email does not exist in the database.
    yet I able to reset it on the admin side. are the logins not unified between the front and back end in version 9?

Thanks
    MSX

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Fixed

Here is what I did

Rather than edit the default admin user and use that. I created a new user and nuked the one that was originally the default admin
    MSX