Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hosted Gateway page within the checkout process

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Default Hosted Gateway page within the checkout process

Hi

We are shortly going to be moving to a new hosted payment gateway. A customer will go through the standard StoreFront pages in this order

• shoppingcart.aspx and click on Checkout Now
    • Select Shipping Method
    • Click on Select Shipping Method

We then want to replace the checkoutpayment.aspx page and have the customer redirected to a hosted page where they will enter the payment details. Once the transaction is approved they would then be taken back to the orderconfirmation.aspx page.

This will remove the need for the checkout review.aspx page. My initial questions are

Would we still be able to use the manual gateway as we are now?
    Whilst we can change the shoppingcart.aspx page to direct them to the new hosted gateway would we need to change any of the payment forms?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dean

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Ok I have now found that this is known as a "Boomerang Gateway". I have checked the forum an found that a few people have done this, like us, for PCI compliance.

Our UK based Boomerang Gateway is with Commidea. I have added the Gateway to the wizard.aspx and wizard.aspx.vb files so this can be selected.

My main question is can I use/copy another boomerang gateway's AppConfigs in order to get this implemented?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi Dean

We have recently written a new 'Boomerang' gateway for ML to support Consorzio Triveneto payments (an Italian payment gateway).

As you are probably discovering, this is a fairly complex undertaking and you will need the full source code of ASPDNSF to develop the new gateway.

In outline, the steps involved are:

- (easy) Update the admin wizard.aspx file to show your new gateway and give it a unique identifier.
    - (easy) Update the ASPDNSFGateways library gateway.cs file to recognise your gateway
    - Create a new class for your gateway in this same library (use another gateway such as WorldPay or OGone as a template example)
    - Update checkoutpayment.aspx.cs to show your gateway within the checkout payment selection pages. This is the point the payment goes off-site to the hosted solution

- Depending on the gateway, write one or more new pages to receive the response from the hosted payment system, process any errors, create new order records and return the customer back to the order confirmation page.

If it helps, I have an article with a diagram of the process flow here:
    http://www.webopius.com/content/422/...efront-aspdnsf

**PS***

I've just had a quick look at the Commidea integration guide and it seems to be similar in functionality to the Authorize.net gateway and uses XML based messaging to communicate. So, if you are creating a new Commidea gateway, then looking at how Authorize.net works might be a good place to start.

Adam
    Last edited by webopius; 03-27-2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Authorize.net reference added

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If it helps, I have an article with a diagram of the process flow here:
    http://www.webopius.com/content/422/...efront-aspdnsf
    You've got a great article there. Thanks for posting.