Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPS WorldShip export

mdomke is offline Junior Member

Default UPS WorldShip export

ASPDNSF 7.0.2.5

I'm working with a UPS rep for a client and they sent me an outline of what they require in order to map fields from a CSV file to the UPS WorldShip software.

In their example, they show two fields that are currently not part of the ASPDNSF UPS WorldShip export file. These two fields are Company Name and Residential Type.

In order to include these two fields in the export file, am I required to make a modification in code (if so, where) or is there some configuration somewhere that defines what fields to send to the export file?

Thanks for any help,

Michael

mdomke is offline Junior Member

Never mind, I figured this out. To solve this I had to modify two things:

1) the aspdnsf_WorldShipExport store procedure.

2) the \Admin\XmlPackages\ShipmentOrderExport.xslt file.

Michael

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default shipment export

Does anyone know the files for ver 9?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Check out {root}/admin/OrderShipment2.aspx/cs file.

Default export to UPS

Ok, I see the file, Ordershipment2.cs building up the string for UPS.
    The programming assumes you understand all the indirect references.
    I just want to not send an ordernumber with the -x placed at the end of the ordernumber. I want no "-"'s as it makes it harder to enter order numbers in Worldship's keyed entry.
    The below code from OrderShipment2.cs is where I think this occurs and what do I change?

Also, what about the UPS codes? Do I need to modify the Saved Procedure as mentioned for earlier versions?
    Richard

if (!header)
    {
    cols = rows[i].Split(delim.ToCharArray());
    if (cols[0] != string.Empty)
    {
    string[] orderNo = cols[0].Split('-');

string tmpOrderNumber = orderNo[0].Replace("\"", "");
    int orderNumber = 0;

if (cols[0].Replace("'", "") != "Y" &&
    int.TryParse(tmpOrderNumber, out orderNumber))
    {
    dr = dt.NewRow();
    dr["ReadyToShip"] = 1;
    dr["OrderNumber"] = tmpOrderNumber;
    dr["TrackingNumber"] = cols[1].Replace("\"", "");
    list.Add(orderNo[0].Replace("\"", ""));
    dt.Rows.Add(dr);
    }
    }

Default importing UPS

I would appreciate knowing of any messages that says the importing of a CSV file from UPS Worldship is successful or failed?
    Is the CSV format shown in the docs for ver 7 still applicable?
    Which files are involved for ver 9?

Default UPS import

I found this code in shippingImportFormats.xml. Is this still being used and does it represent the correct importing (exported by Worldship) format?

</ImportFormat>
    <ImportFormat Name="UPS (no header)" id="4" format="Delimited" type="Numbered" linedelim="&#xD;&#xA;" valueDelim="," textDelim="&quot;">
    <Column OrderCol="OrderNumber" LogCol="PackageReference1" enabled="1" colnum="0" type="Integer" />
    <Column OrderCol="ShippedOn" LogCol="ShipmentInformationPickupdate" enabled="1" colnum="1" type="Date" format="YYYYMMDD" />
    <Column OrderCol="ShippedVIA" LogCol="ShipmentInformationServiceType" enabled="1" colnum="2" type="String">
    </Column>
    <Column OrderCol="ShipCost" LogCol="PackagePackageCharge" enabled="1" colnum="3" type="Long">
    </Column>
    <Column OrderCol="ShipWeight" LogCol="PackageWeight" enabled="1" colnum="4" type="Integer">
    </Column>
    <Column OrderCol="ShipTracking" LogCol="PackageTrackingNumber" enabled="1" colnum="5" type="String">
    </Column>
    </ImportFormat>

Sattonywilliam is offline Junior Member

There are many good information and details so I hope you will read care fully and take more information ...

Default Anyone have any ideas

I still don't know where the "-" ios added to the ordernumber. I see lots of pointers and hard to folllow.
    Help.