Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Is it possible to customize the cart items HTML?

DENT is offline Member

Default Is it possible to customize the cart items HTML?

On the shoppingcart.aspx page, where the cart items are displayed, I need to customize the HTML outputted.

The html is set in shoppingcart.aspx.cs in the line:

C#/VB.NET Code:
    CartItems.Text cart.DisplayItems(falseThisCustomertrue); 
    If I don't have the source code, am I basically stuck?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

You may need source, it depends on how you are wanting to modify it. What kind of changes are you looking to make?

jgreywolf is offline Junior Member

From my standpoint, I would like to be able to style the shoppingcart.aspx page to be more readable than the default format, which, personally, I find pretty poor. However, I do not see any way to do any real changes to the layout due to the use of all the custom ASPDNSF controls - such as :

<aspdnsfc:ShoppingCartControl ID="ctrlShoppingCart" runat="server" HeaderTabImageURL='<%$ Tokens:SkinImage, shoppingcart.gif %>'
    AllowEdit="true"
    ProductHeaderText='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.product %>'
    QuantityHeaderText='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.quantity %>'
    SubTotalHeaderText='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.subtotal %>'
    onitemdeleting="ctrlShoppingCart_ItemDeleting" >
    <LineItemSettings LinkToProductPageInCart='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigBool, LinkToProductPageInCart %>'
    ImageLabelText='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.cs.1000 %>'
    SKUCaption='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, showproduct.aspx.21 %>'
    GiftRegistryCaption='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.cs.92 %>'
    ItemNotesCaption='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, shoppingcart.cs.86 %>'
    ItemNotesColumns='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, ShoppingCartItemNotesTextareaCols %>'
    ItemNotesRows='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, ShoppingCartItemNotesTextareaRows %>'
    AllowShoppingCartItemNotes='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigBool, AllowShoppingCartItemNotes %>'
    ShowPicsInCart='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigBool, ShowPicsInCart %>'
    ShowEditButtonInCartForKitProducts='<%$ Tokens:AppConfigBool, ShowEditButtonInCartForKitProducts %>'
    ShowMultiShipAddressUnderItemDescription="true"
    />
    </aspdnsfc:ShoppingCartControl>
    Is it possible to edit the layout at all?

For a more specific example, currently the cart contents display such:

Product Name Quantity Subtotal
    SKU
    Color

What I would like is to have everything display on one line across the page (similar to what I see on most sites), ie:

SKU Product Name Color Quantity Subtotal

Justin

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That would take source code at the moment.

One of our big projects for the next major release is to move all of the controls out of source so that they can be edited more easily.

travisalmand is offline Junior Member

The editing of HTML generated by controls is my current big gripe. I'll be happy when the day comes I can go through the controls we use to edit them to my liking.

Will this also involve an easy method of making our own versions of the controls instead of editing the existing ones? I prefer leaving the originals in place and create custom ones that duplicate the functionality. The main reasons revolve around upgrading the storefront without worrying about overwriting files we have updated.

Markus is offline Junior Member

Same here. We would also like the ability to create custom controls (each would do almost the same as the original, but with layout or functionallity changes) while leaving the original ones unchanged.

I hope that this will be possible in the new version?

Regards,
    Markus

opus7 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That would take source code at the moment.

One of our big projects for the next major release is to move all of the controls out of source so that they can be edited more easily.
    I have the source for 9.2, so would this be edited in the ShoppingCartControl.vb file, or is it another file that controls this?

Mike

kcroke is offline Junior Member

Default Is this available yet?

I am looking at the registration page and it is being rendered with a "aspdnsf:AddressControl." As this thread is over a year and a half old, I was hoping this source code issue might have been addressed. It doesn't look like it...

Please let me know if I have control over the html dom structure of the aspdnsf:AddressControl object?

Thanks!