Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Related products

Eitan is offline Junior Member

Default Related products

Quick question,

Was looking through the forums and the manual, was unable to find wether or not its possible to have more than 4 related products. as well as maybe some feedback on what would be best for SEO, either a dynamic or static related products menu.... i was thinking static, but then again, i don't know much.

Thanks In Advance

hirish.reddy is offline Member

You can have any number of related products and upsell products. there is no restriction in it.

SEO: Set of rules is not defined for google optimization

It makes no impact if you use static or dynamic menu, but i suggest change meta title , keywords, decs and no script for each n evry product n category. which is already supported by aspdnf

thanks for the reply, yes we are working with unique descriptions, and keywords for each product, where would i define the number of related products viewed, i see where to define the amount of related products per column, not not the amount displayed per page.

Thank You

hirish.reddy is offline Member

Can u please let me know which version of the software you are using.

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-products.aspx

I think above link will solve your issue

ok, already read that in the manual... so what i did was just add more than 4 related products separating them by commas, but no matter what i only get 4 products showing... i am using AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Check what DynamicRelatedProducts.NumberDisplayed is set too.
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.

good call, changing the dynamic value for the static related products worked... Thank You