Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: seperate products that share inventory counts?

btappan is offline Senior Member

Default seperate products that share inventory counts?

is there any way to have several individual products in their own product display that share inventory a single inventory count? Say I sell products A,B, and C that are all really the same thing as product A but for site display purposes and trade industry secrets purposes need to appear unrelated.

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

Running out the door so can't really elaborate. I think you'll need to use kits/packs to do this...
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

btappan is offline Senior Member

does anyone know of another way to do this besides kits? also, as far as kits go is my assumption right that if multiple items in the kit are inventory items including the base product, then the base product has to be entered in its own grouping with no selectable options? I dont see anywhere on the kit setup page to select track inventory, only in the kit groups section. like say I sell a computer that starts with only 1 basic tower and then has options that are inventoried items as well. In order to deduct inventory for both the tower and the optional accessories, the tower would have to be in a group by itself with no other choice, correct?