Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sub-Categories Always Expanded - Version9

fracoper is offline Junior Member

Default Sub-Categories Always Expanded - Version9

Hi,

In version 8, commenting out a couple of lines in file rev.categories.xml.config would allow to always show sub-categories expanded. In version 9 it doesn't do it.

Two questions:

What file needs to be modified to always show sub-categories expanded?

Is file rev.categories.xml.config used at all? I renamed the file and everything kept working normally.

Thanks

valentim is offline Senior Member

Version 9 uses a new control by default:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityCategory" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural %>" EntityType="Category" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />

However, you can still use the package by using the following in your template:
    <asp:Literal ID="litCategory" runat="server" Text="<%$ Tokens:XMLPACKAGE, rev.categories%>" />
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

Thanks!

Is there a document/reference with property/parameters definitions of these new controls?

valentim is offline Senior Member

Not that I know of. Have you been able to find anything in the version 9 manual?
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's not yet, but we're working on it. There are a ton of controls now and each one's got a bunch of parameters. We'll get that posted as soon as possible.

Where can I get the parameters (or how to do it) to set sub-categories to always show expanded?

Thank you.

Rugster is offline Junior Member

Default Keep Sub Category Nav expanded while viewing a product

fracoper,

Did you ever figure this out? When viewing a product, i'm trying to keep the sub category that product is in expanded.

Thanks