Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adjust total

newtothis is offline Senior Member

Default Adjust total

Hello,

Is there a way, that if you adjust the total of an order - that it can give you this adjusted amount on the receipt?

At the moment its confusing.

For example order is 10.00, shipping is 2.00 so the receipt shows:

Order total: 10.00
    Shipping: 2.00
    Order Total: 12.00

Which is fine.

But say you make an adjustment by increasing shipping by 1.00, the receipt will show like this:

Order total: 10.00
    Shipping 2.00
    Order Total: 13.00

One would have no idea where the 1.00 fits in!

Any help to make this more transparent would be appreciated

I would really appreciate it if someone could help on this one. If my question doesnt make sense please do let me know and ill try and make it clearer.

Thank you in advance.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Where are you adding the extra 1 fee? That should suppose to add up directly in each shipping method options if it's added here in this appconfig: ShippingHandlingExtraFee.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back.

And I think I was not clear enough, sorry!

What I meant is if I make an adjustment via the 'Create Ad-Hoc Charge/Refund Button'

How can we make this adjustment show up in the totals.

Even if we have an additional line called Ad Hoc Charge or Refund depending on what we processed?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's going to take some customization. Doing an ad-hoc transaction creates a 'child' transaction of the original 'parent' order, it's not all on the same transaction. You would have to add custom code to the receipt logic to look for child orders and display details of them.

Oh I see....ok then thank you for getting back.

daghb is offline Junior Member

I do this from time to time - but I just add a note to the customer informing him/her about what has happende.

jknauff is offline Member

Default reL adjust total

The way i do it is going into the database and making changes via sql
    e.g
    update orders set ordersubtotal = xx.xx, ordershippingcosts = xx.xx , ordertotal= xx.xx where ordernumber = xxx

I wish there were a way to do it via a graphical interface.
    Anyone implemented a custom solution to modify ordersubtotal, shippingcosts & ordertotal? I'd be itnerested in talking to you.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Acconting

By changing the order amount in the database without creating an audit trail is not a good thing. And could really screw up accounting if the change took place after the last month was closed.

The need is an updated invoice, without having to enter the invoice again with a new order number, which can be sent to the customer with an explaination and is properly noted for the service people in the history. The accounting is automatic.

This should be defined in the Order Object.