Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Difference between CreatecCustomer and CreateAccount event handler...

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Default Difference between CreatecCustomer and CreateAccount event handler...

Does anyone know the difference between when CreateCustomer and CreateAccount are fired by the event handler?

Since there are events for UpdateCustomer, DeleteCustomer and NukeCustomer I'm kind of assuming that I want to set up the event handler to be fired whenever a new login is created in the system using CreateCustomer, right?

MJG
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

I did some searches through the source code over the weekend and couldn't find any instances where CreateAccount is even called.

I did find CreateCustomer event but it appears to only be called at the end of the MakeAnonCustomerRecord() method.

So, from that I can only assume that I'll REALLY be wanting to use the UpdateCustomer event.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this subject?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The CreateCustomer event is triggered whenever a new customer ID has been generated. While the CreateAccount is triggered whenever a customer account is created.

So, CreateAccount is triggered when an anonymous customer is converted into a full-customer account?

Funny that doing a search through the source code I was unable to find where CreateAccount was ever called as an EventHandler... Do you know which methods it is called from?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's in createaccount.aspx.cs, in the CreateAccount method. Line 662 by default in 8.0.1.2

dincer80 is offline Junior Member

For "CreateCustomer", the parameter "CreatedCustomerID" is returned..
    However, for "CreateAccount", no ID parameter is returned..

Wouldn't it create a problem?

dincer80 is offline Junior Member

It seems messages about eventhandling are ignored nowadays..