Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Assign Customer to more than one Customer Level

janinewtg is offline Junior Member

Question Assign Customer to more than one Customer Level

How do I assign a customer to more than one customer level? I have a Customer Level (#1) set up that is mapped to certain products so customers assigned to that level have to be signed in to view those products, but some/not all of those customers can be tax exempt. I also have a customer level (#3) set up just to be tax exempt for any product. So how can I set up a customer that could be assigned to customer level #1 and #3? I hope this isn't a stupid question.

pratt is offline Junior Member

May be a way to do this will be..

Setup another customer level which is tax exempt and then setup the products to show to both level #1 and Level #4.

Makes sense ?

janinewtg is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb

I discovered there is an appconfig "FilterByCustomerLevelIsAscending". if true, and filterProductsbycustomerlevel=true, then HIGHER customer levels (numerically) can see Products from that level, and all lower customer levels. E.g. Customer Level 3 would see all Products mapped to customer levels, 0, 1, 2, and 3. Remember Customer Level 0 is an anon user, or just regular site visitor. So this will work for me.