Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help! - QB Inventory control and updates

osdude is offline Senior Member

Default Help! - QB Inventory control and updates

Variant inventory is crucial. I've been using a solution that worked well for 2 years and when we had to 'upgrade' to a new version for a new store, inventory is no longer updated.

Selling things online that sold in the store, but didn't update inventory because the $1000 software for inventory isn't working is pissing me off.

I would use XML, bu they don't have size/color in inventory sheets, only total numbers.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about here. Is the software not deducting inventory, or is it just not being reflected in QB (guessing you're using T-HUB?)?

Rob is offline Senior Member

We're not aware of any inventory bugs, but please send into support, so we can evaluate the details, but know also that fully 1/2 of what you post about bugs/errors/shit not working is NEVER right...(for other readers of this thread)...
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

This is not a problem with the storefront, it's an issue with updating inventory from the brick and mortar to the shopping cart.

The shopping cart has never had a problem with inventory at all. It's more reliable than QB

We just can't get the QB integrator software to update inventory on the website reliably and it's really starting to become a big issue. Selling something online when it sold in the store is nerve racking and I hate having to cancel orders online, especially when the integration software says it successfully updated the inventory and find out days later, that no it indeed did not update inventory and apparently hasn't been updating the inventory for weeks. When the stock starts running low, you see the problem.

When you start adding up the cost per transaction, then the percentage taken by the credit card processors, AVS payments, it costs a lot of money and time to have to tell someone 'sorry, it sold in the store and our software isn't updating inventory'.

Need something reliable that will work with multiple online stores from a single QB database.

Rob is offline Senior Member

What QB integration tool are you using?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

PM sent to you...