Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin App Config Error

keithp34 is offline Junior Member

Cool Admin App Config Error

I get the following when in Admin and clicking on Configuration OR Configuration-->Advanced-->AppConfig Parameters:

Page URL:/admin/appconfig.aspx
    Source:mscorlib
    Message:Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    Stack Trace:
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.AppConfigList.Ge tDatasource() in c:\WebSites\ChronoShark\Admin\Controls\appconfigli st.ascx.cs:line 231
    at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.AppConfigList.Bi ndData() in c:\WebSites\ChronoShark\Admin\Controls\appconfigli st.ascx.cs:line 190
    at AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.Controls.AppConfigList.ct rlSearch_ContentCreated(Object sender, FilterEventArgs e) in c:\WebSites\ChronoShark\Admin\Controls\appconfigli st.ascx.cs:line 385
    at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.SearcheableTemplate.On ContentCreated(FilterEventArgs e) in C:\Source Control\DP_Products\WebReleases\AspDotNetStorefron tML\Ashland\ASPDNSFControls\SearcheableTemplate.cs :line 371
    at AspDotNetStorefrontControls.SearcheableTemplate.Cr eateChildControls() in C:\Source Control\DP_Products\WebReleases\AspDotNetStorefron tML\Ashland\ASPDNSFControls\SearcheableTemplate.cs :line 458
    at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I tried the solution to a previously closed Post of inserting a row into the [Store] table - which seemed to work for the poster, but did not for me.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Did you reset cache after running the script for the store table entry? We aren't aware of any other issues there.

I did - I reset the cache and, just for good measure, I restarted the entire site & recycled the app pool. I still get the same error.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

You'll want to contact support on this one then. They are mostly likely going to want to take a look at the database if we aren't able to reproduce it.

Thumbs up

I'm guessing something (not sure what?) was still cached, because, like magic, when I came in this morning the issue was no longer there - the table insert must have done the trick.

Thanks!