Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can't login after upgrade?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Can't login after upgrade?

I upgraded from 6 to 8 and ran the db queries. Now I can log in. I even tried having it sent to me and it still won't work. What gives?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Could you check to make sure the user is has the value of isregistered = 1 in the db customer table.

Yes, isregistered is set to 1. I can see that the encrypted password is now different then in my working version 6 of the cart and there is also now a salt key.
    But what did my password change to?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Did you remember to set the encrypt key in your web.config file to exactly 100% match the encrypt key on your V6 site? That is used to decrypt the old passwords prior to them being converted to the new hashed format. If that does not match 100% the first time your site loads, your passwords will not convert properly.

That was it. Thank you Dan!