Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Receipt background is not printing

BloomerBeak is offline Member

Question Receipt background is not printing

Hello.

I created a customized receipt with notification.receipt.xml.config using borders, new logo and background. It worked perfectly fine when viewed in admin, or when opening the receipt, or through the email notification. But when I printed it, both through admin and the email notification receipt by a customer, the backgrounds, the borders, and the logo were gone.

Does anyone encountered this problem? What shall do so that the borders will be printed too?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    ***Melay***
    Web Developer
    Philippines

nihon is offline Senior Member

I think you have to set your printer or browser setting to print the BG.. Just an idea..
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Can you post an example of what you've done? It's possible that the way you've set up the receipt just creates borders/logos outside of the margins that the printer is capable of printing. I can't think of anything else that you could change in code that would prevent the content from being printed.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

hi Sir George,

nihon is right, I tried it as suggested. I guess I missed that one out. But it also means I have to tell the client to change his browser settings. @__@

The borders are background so it's not printing. Is there a way to include the background in printing without touching the browser settings? Is this possible for ASPDNSF?
    ***Melay***
    Web Developer
    Philippines

George the Great is offline Senior Member

No...it's not something you can accomplish through code. If the browser is set to not print background colors and images then it simply won't print them.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

I see. I understand now. I guess there's no other choice.

Thank you, Sir George and nihon for the help.
    ***Melay***
    Web Developer
    Philippines

nihon is offline Senior Member

You can try, when the client clicks to print the receipt it converts to a pdf..
    i have no idea how to do this but am sure there is some app that can do the trick ..
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0

I guess I can do that. But I think there's a special software for it to print to pdf, and a special plugin to print the pdf file.
    ***Melay***
    Web Developer
    Philippines