Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Force store locale?

art_r is offline Junior Member

Default Force store locale?

Hello,
    Finalising our first ADNSF store and finding that it will still occasionally set the store locale to en-US causing incorrect text to be displayed within the site.

Originally I just copied the en-US.xls file on the server and renamed to en-AU.xls and did an import. Modified the required string resources for the en-AU text. Setup the en-AU locale and then just to be sure I removed the en-US locale.

But still have the occasional issue during testing that someones browser or O/S is set to the wrong locale and so it brings back the en-US texts, or sometimes with these right it still brings back the en-US text.

Is there a way to force the store to ONLY use 1 locale?

Rob is offline Senior Member

The primary locale is set in your web.config file, did you set that?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Hi,
    Sure did, no reference to en-us in webconfig any where.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Also, check your locale settings' page in the admin and make sure there is only one locale there. You can as well verify the customer's account (cst_account.aspx) in the admin, make sure that the locale setting is set to en-AU.

Rob is offline Senior Member

k. send into support please...so we can diagnose. not aware of any issues on this stuff, but something must not be set right. thx.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Did you create the en-AU locale after the site had been running live with the en-US locale? Perhaps there are customers who originally visited the site with the en-US locale was the only one available and haven't been back to the site since the en-AU locale was added. You can confirm by running the following sql statement against your database
    Code:
    select count(*) from dbo.Customer where LocaleSetting='en-US'
    If this returns anything but 0, then you have customers that still have en-US set as their default locale.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Default Maybe currency issue instead.

Sorry, away from the office.

I ran the SQL query and got a 4 as the result. But looking into each of our 8 test customers via the admin side all have en-AU as the locale.

I'm just doing a test on the site and looked at the source of a checkout page and on my IE8 it has the correct locale but still has the currency as USD. My Chrome has en-au/AUD. Rechecked my language settings in IE and Win7 and all correct.
    I *DID* remove USD as a currency but then would get errors within the site that it can't update the exchange rates and so had to insert it back in.

So I'm not sure if it's a locale issue or a currency issue, just that when I first noticed it was when someone was testing the site and it had USD for currency.

Store setup has AUD and 036 for currency settings, currency settins has AUD and is the only one published and as mentioned removing USD caused errors on the site.