Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Slash in SKU

babslimo is offline Member

Default Slash in SKU

Is a "slash" an illegal character in a SKU? I'm getting an ugly error message when I try to upload a product image in Admin for a product with a "slash" in the SKU:

Could not find a part of the path 'W:\Clients\docs\images\Product\large\tmp_MC1530B\ .jpg'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'W:\Clients\docs\images\Product\large\tmp_MC1530B\ .jpg'.

In addition, if I add a "slash" to the SKU for a product that is correctly showing its image, the image no longer displays on the public site. Note that we do have "UseSKUForProductImageName" turned on and is working fine except for these few items with a "slash".

Thanks for any suggestions! Annette
    Annette L. Fowler
    Beacon Technologies
    http://www.beacontechnologies.com

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

SKU's shouldn't contain slashes if you're using "UseSKUForProductImageName", no. If you do that, when we put the SKU at the end of the path to pull the image file from, Windows is going to read that slash as indicating another subfolder in the path and look for a folder that doesn't exist.