Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Invoking XMLpackage in engine.aspx

UNLGroup is offline Senior Member

Default Invoking XMLpackage in engine.aspx

Hello guys and girls-
    I am currently trying to create a search filter (biased off of selected options) for our products. (I've created a searchFilter.aspx page)

The search filter button on that page would then call engine.aspx, passing the criteria to use via the post, and (using an XMLpackage that I will create later on), show the results for the matched criteria.

I just started and was trying to just call the XMLpackage helloworld off the button click.
    I'm only calling the engine.aspx page like this

url = "engine.aspx";
    Response.Redirect(url);

And I am getting this on the engine.aspx page

Exception=Error in XmlPackage(.Load), Package=[helloworld.xml.config], Msg=[The XmlPackage file could not be found. The search tree is: skins/skin_{activeskinid}/XmlPackages and then the /XmlPackages folders in your web site. Please make sure that you have FTP'd the file up to the server!

I tried placing the xmlpackage skin.helloworld.xml.config into our skins\Skins_7\XmlPackages folder but am still getting this error.

Could someone inform me as to what it is I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by UNLGroup; 03-11-2010 at 12:48 PM.

UNLGroup is offline Senior Member

Default Issue

Found the issue.

I had

skin.helloworld.xml.config

instead of

helloworld.xml.config