Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Paypal / Missing order

spettiford is offline Junior Member

Default Paypal / Missing order

I've encountered the following scenario and was wondering if anyone else may have an idea as to why this is happening. I'm running AspDotNetStorefront (ML 8.0.1.1) in a load balanced server environment.

Step 1. - Place an order via the admin side of Storefront. After clicking on "Place Order" the generic "We are sorry for the inconvenience" page is displayed, which alerts me that the order was not successful. (I check the 'FailedTransaction' table and do not see any orders displayed.)

Step 2. - I start the order process over again, and this time I'm successful with placing an order. (Call the ordernumber "101" in the amount of $150.00)

Step 3. - I log into the PayPal Manager to search for transactions and now notice 2 transactions for the same customer! The "Step 1" and "Step 2" transactions are both charged to the customer. Both transactions have order numbers associated with them as well.

So to recap, the customer's cc is being charged twice because there is no record from the first transaction ("Step 1") and as a result I've created another order. There is no record of the order number from "Step 1", but PayPal does display the order number on the "Step 1" transaction for which I have no record of in Storefront.

Any ideas as to what may be happening?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Were you able to replicate this again or it only happened once? Are you using paypal's IPN feature? If so, please log into your paypal's account, under My Account tab, go to History, and see if there's any log in IPN History page. This is something I haven't seen before.