Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Issue

husam is offline Junior Member

Default Product Issue

1.The Product will appear as a deal and will be valid in the situation a certain per set number of buyers reached, in the case the number was not reached the money held will be returned automatically to the customer who purchased it, after having held the amount then not charged it.

2. I use inventory in the variant of product, but i see that the number of purchases exceed the number of inventory (not out of stock)

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

I apologize but I am not sure exactly what it is your asking. Could you clearify your question?

husam is offline Junior Member

1- Products waits till a specific target of buyers is met. if this pre-set number of buyers is met before a specified end date; the deal is closed normally. if it does not however, the deal is canceled, and current "buyers"'s payments should be canceled as such. this is done buy "holding" the amount from the buyers accounts until the deal is either closed (where the payments are confirmed and amounts are deducted) or canceled (where the amounts held will be released and payments will be canceled with no deduction).

2- it seems that the system allows purchase beyond the pre-set inventory of the product. for example, buyers can buy 100 piece of product X while the inventory is set to 50.

Can you suggest any approaches to reach point 1? and any fixes to point 2?

Thank you.

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by husam View Post
    1- Products waits till a specific target of buyers is met. if this pre-set number of buyers is met before a specified end date; the deal is closed normally. if it does not however, the deal is canceled, and current "buyers"'s payments should be canceled as such. this is done buy "holding" the amount from the buyers accounts until the deal is either closed (where the payments are confirmed and amounts are deducted) or canceled (where the amounts held will be released and payments will be canceled with no deduction).

2- it seems that the system allows purchase beyond the pre-set inventory of the product. for example, buyers can buy 100 piece of product X while the inventory is set to 50.

Can you suggest any approaches to reach point 1? and any fixes to point 2?

Thank you.
    I can't begin to guess on your #1 question, only that I'm sure it would require major customization.

For # 2, in your admin, goto manage appcofigs and change Inventory.LimitCartToQuantityOnHand to true.
    ML 8.0.1.2