Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Why is Zip Code required on international orders?

jeff_1868 is offline Junior Member

Default Why is Zip Code required on international orders?

I have a user that is trying to ship items to the UAE. During the checkout process, it says that a Zip Code is required, but the UAE does not use Zip Codes. I have Fixed Prices set up w/ 12 different methods of shipping. Each one is set to allow all countries, states, etc. Just FYI, we do not charge for our items or shipping for them (literature requests). Why is it still requiring the user to enter a Zip Code if the Country does not have a Zip code?

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

As of 8.0.1.2, the software requires zip codes for every address. You could make a small modification to the address pages to just remove the validation on that field so the address can be submitted without one. In ML9, we've added the ability to mark which countries require a zip code and which do not. If a customer is registering an address in a country that doesn't use zip codes, they won't be forced to enter one. We're also adding the ability to validate zip codes when addresses are registered.

jeff_1868 is offline Junior Member

Good to know! Thank you for your response. Removing the validation is what I had originally planned on doing, but I wanted to make sure before proceeding. I didn't want to change code if it was a simple config setting I needed to change. Thanks again & looking forward to v9!