Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Notification of New Customer

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Default Admin Notification of New Customer

How do I turn on administrator notifications of when new customers register?

joe.loutzenhiser is offline Junior Member

Default There isn't one built in that I know of

You can get close the the same functionality by making yourself the recipient of the "Welcome" email (this assumes you're not using the Welcome email functionality to email your customers):

Set the AppConfig "SendWelcomeEmail" to true.

Change line 1404 of checkout1.aspx.cs to this (note that I've changed the original code to be your email and name):

AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("createaccoun t.aspx.79", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(AppLogic.AppConfig("XmlPack age.WelcomeEmail"), null, ThisCustomer, SkinID, "", "fullname=" + FirstName.Text.Trim() + " " + LastName.Text.Trim(), false, false, EntityHelpers), true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), "cjbarth@yourdomain.com", "cjbarth", "", AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_Server"));

And change line 810 of createaccount.aspx.cs to (note the changes from the original line):

AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("createaccoun t.aspx.79", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(AppLogic.AppConfig("XmlPack age.WelcomeEmail"), null, ThisCustomer, this.SkinID, "", "fullname=" + FirstName.Text.Trim() + " " + LastName.Text.Trim(), false, false, this.EntityHelpers), true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), "cjbarth@yourdomain.com", "cjbarth", "", AppLogic.MailServer());

If you wish to use the Welcome email functionality to email your customers as well, then just add your email address to the empty string that's the 2nd to last parameter in the call, like this (for createaccount.aspx.cs). This will make you a bcc receipient.

AppLogic.SendMail(AppLogic.GetString("createaccoun t.aspx.79", ThisCustomer.SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(AppLogic.AppConfig("XmlPack age.WelcomeEmail"), null, ThisCustomer, this.SkinID, "", "fullname=" + FirstName.Text.Trim() + " " + LastName.Text.Trim(), false, false, this.EntityHelpers), true, AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromAddress"), AppLogic.AppConfig("MailMe_FromName"), EMailField, FirstName.Text.Trim() + " " + LastName.Text.Trim(), "cjbarth@yourdomain.com", AppLogic.MailServer());

Other than this, your most like looking at some slightly more complicated code changes. Good idea for a feature, though.
    Last edited by joe.loutzenhiser; 03-08-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Added BCC suggestion
    Vortx - DevNet partner
    http://www.vortx.com

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

See this thread as well.

joe.loutzenhiser is offline Junior Member

Default That one's even better

I'd do that instead of my own suggestion. Easier to pop into the code.
    Vortx - DevNet partner
    http://www.vortx.com

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Sounds good.