Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Real Time Shipping Canada Post Errors

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Question Real Time Shipping Canada Post Errors

Hello,

I am using 3 RTShipping carriers. Fedex, UPS and Canada Post (plus In-store pickup).

Occasionally the checkout page errors out. I've isolated this down to the Canada Post gateway. Whenever I get a complaint, I just remove CanadaPost from the appropriate AppConfig and it works again.

The weird thing is I've duplicated the exact letter-for-letter address and account information between my admin account and a test account. The admin account succeeds through CanadaPost the test account fails miserably "ungracefully". See attached for error.

I've had a live customer checkout with CanadaPost and another fail during checkout. I'm puzzled. I'd prefer that if a RTShipping host fails the checkout should simply omit those shipping options and allow the user to select from one of the other available options (ie: Fedex or UPS).

Any experience/advice out there?
    Regards,
    Ben

Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    http://www.lynxsi.ca/
    Attached Images Attached Images

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

make sure it's CanadaPost not Canada Post. Also, do you have FreeShippingThreshold, and ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn set to?

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Thanks Alfred,

Both values you mentioned were undefined (or emptry string?).

Should I defince 0.00 for the threshold and set the ID to 0 or 1?

- Ben

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Saw your ticket in support with this issue, let's handle it from there so we can look into it more closely.
    Last edited by Rob; 03-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.