Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Anonymous Checkout

baba is offline Senior Member

Default Anonymous Checkout

One of our customer, is using the Anonymous checkout option in storefront. So when some one check out, they don't need to create account.

Lets say a person with xyz@baba.com, makes an anonymous checkout. The next time they come to the website, it throws an error message saying the email is already registered. This is because the anonymous checkout, creates an user account for this cusomter in the database and just sets the isRegistrered to "0".
    So next time when the someone gives the same email address, it checks the DB and throws an the error message.

Moreover in the admin module, i see a reports called "Report Summary" where i see the # of Anons. This where clause here says "Email='' ". Why is this misleading? When storefront creates an anonymous account , it never makes the email id empty in the customer table, then why does this report looks for an empty field?

I am planning to rewrite this module for our customer requirement. Is this done intentionally? Deleting the anonymous customer once the order is placed will cause any issue??

How should the anonymous login intenteded to work?

Thanks
    Baba

Thanks
    Baba
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The message "email is already registered" can be overridden with the appconfig: AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses= true.

For the empty email, some customers you can see from the "anon stats" actually include those users that didn't actually make a purchase, it's like they've added items to cart but abandoned it later on for some reason. It could also because of the appconfig: AnonCheckoutReqEmail (false).

Deleting the anonymous customer once the order is placed will cause any issue??
    - It will eventually cause an issue internally from your end. When I say "internally" I meant, accounting/sales records etc.

How should the anonymous login intenteded to work?
    - we've detailed that in the manual.

baba is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A