Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Global Price

ram is offline Senior Member

Default Global Price

Say we have an international customer (for example, a Canadian customer) would there be a way to globally change their prices, given a certain exchange rate for Canadian dollars to USD? Let me know. Thank you.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Yes, you can define the currencies you want customers to be able to see prices in by defining them within the admin. Please see this page for more information!

These currencies are for display purposes only! Transactions will always be sent to the payment gateway in the store's default currency. The payment gateway and the customer's bank will handle the exchange using live exchange rates.

Does this mean, customer will see the price in their respective currency but the payment will be made in USD?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The store will send the transaction to the gateway with the amount specified in the admin site for the price, in the store's base currency. If your store uses USD by default, then it'll be in USD, yes. The gateway and the banks will convert that amount to the customer's home currency (whatever currency his bank account uses) and deduct the amount from his account and put the equivalent in USD in your account.

I have enabled two prices, USD and Canada but I don't see the currency display drop-down menu in the product page? It just shows USD within brackets like below,
    List Price: $159.00 (USD)/EA.

Let me know. Thank you.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You would need to place the (!CURRENCYSELECTLIST!) skin token into the skin you're using's template.ascx file. This particular skin token displays a dropdown list of installed currencies that customers can use to choose the currency to view the site in.