Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SOAP header Security was not understood.

tmichals is offline Member

Default SOAP header Security was not understood.

Having a problem on my local server testing the WSI encription. Using the WSI Test Client. Works great until I click on the "Use WSE3 Token Authentication" then it returns.....
    _____
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <Get Table="Orders" Name="NewOrders">
    <XmlPackage>DumpOrder.xml.config</XmlPackage>
    <OrderBy>OrderDate asc</OrderBy>
    <Criteria IsNew="1" />
    </Get>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    ________

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: SOAP header Security was not understood.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderHandling.S etHeaderMembers(SoapHeaderCollection headers, Object target, SoapHeaderMapping[] mappings, SoapHeaderDirection direction, Boolean client)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.C reateServerInstance()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.In voke()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Co reProcessRequest()________

I am using v8.00 of the storefront. I rebuilt storefront using Visual studio 2008.
    I get 76 warning messages beginning with

1 Discription: The 'package' element is not declared. fileumpOrderTmp.xml.config
    2 Argument type 'sbyte' is not CLS-compliant File: AustrailiaPost.cs
    34 AspDotNetStorefronCommon.db.getRS(string) is obsolete:'Depreciated. Use the GetRS that takes the SqlConnection as a parameter.'

I added #define WSE3 to the ASPDNSFUsernameTokenManager.cs and rebuilt....seeing that I am getting using problems with the
    Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security saying that it does not exist.... which is a problem with Visual Studio 2008 not working with WSE3. If this is the case is there anyway to get this to work in VS 2008?

I suppose that I have to build the storefront in Visual Studio 2005...not 2008? The WSI Test Client rebuilds fine in 2008. I did not get the obsolete errors until I uncommented the WSI in the web.config in the storefront.

---------
    Found a link that talks about WSE in Visual Studio 2008.... http://blogs.imeta.co.uk/jyoung/arch...08/29/345.aspx
    Still having problem with using Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security; not showing up as that is it referenced in the aspdotnetstorefront.
    What is interesting that in the WSIImportTester this reference is working for Microsoft.Web.Services3. ? Has this fix for Visual Studio 2008 been tried by anyone?
    Last edited by tmichals; 03-08-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: More Info...

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Since you're checking "Use WSE3 Token Authentication", you need to use the encrypted (salted+hashed) value of the password from the customer table instead of just the clear text value. Go to you customer table in the sql management studio, copy the selected encrypted password, paste it into notepad (to make sure unnecessary spaces are eliminated), and paste it onto the password field.

Default current status...

Thank you for responding.

Yes I am using the encrypted password from the customer table. The WSI is set to the local web address that I assigned the certificate to, using SelfSSL. I tested aspstorefront and the login works normally.

WSIImportTest is displaying in the following message ...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: SOAP header Security was not understood.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderHandling.S etHeaderMembers(SoapHeaderCollection headers, Object target, SoapHeaderMapping[] mappings, SoapHeaderDirection direction, Boolean client)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.C reateServerInstance()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.In voke()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Co reProcessRequest()

_______

When I compile and rung the WSIImportTest in VS2008 I get the following 2 complie warnings....
    Warning 1 Could not resolve assembly System.Web.Extensions. The target framework required by this assembly (3.5) is higher than the project target framework. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WindowsApplication1
    Warning 2 The referenced component 'System.Web.Extensions' could not be found.

________

I built and ran the WSIMportTest in VS2005 and it built successfully with no warnings, but I got same SOAP header Security was not understood message, when tested.

Warning 1 'AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.DB.GetRS(string)' is obsolete: 'Deprecated. Use the GetRS that takes the SqlConnection as a parameter.' C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\Admin\setu pFTS.aspx.cs 58 43 http://localhost/AspDotNetStoreFront80/
    Warning 23 'AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.DB.GetRS(string)' is obsolete: 'Deprecated. Use the GetRS that takes the SqlConnection as a parameter.' C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\Admin\THub Service.aspx.cs 1081
    Warning 24 The variable 'err1' is declared but never used C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\Admin\THub Service.aspx.cs 886
    Warning 25 The variable 'err1' is declared but never used C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\Admin\THub Service.aspx.cs 895
    Warning 68 'AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.DB.GetRS(string)' is obsolete: 'Deprecated. Use the GetRS that takes the SqlConnection as a parameter.' C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\Admin\setu pFTS_NoiseWords.aspx.cs 251
    Warning 69 The using directive for 'System.Text' appeared previously in this namespace C:..\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AspDotNetStorefront80\Web\createacco unt.aspx.cs 18

Thumbs up working now...but ...

I reloaded the original source aspdotnetstorefront 8.0 files and rebuilt using the WSE3 built into an addon; it is working now with SelfSSL certificate. Although I still get lots of warnings. When first building the WSE addon into VisualStudio2008, I must have corrupted the build somewhere.

Still is the new release of Storefront still using WSE3.0 or has it been upgraded to the current WSI standard?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The current version still uses the WSE 3.0, yes.

Default clearify question

Is aspdotnetstorefront 8.X with WSI suppose to be compatible with Visual Stuido 2008? If no. Will an update be available for 8.0.0-> WSI users that will be able to use without having to create an addon solution?

Rob is offline Senior Member

yes, VS.net 2008 works great. fully supported and no known build issues...
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart