Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New to ASPDNSF. Questions for my developer

mike2016 is offline Junior Member

Default New to ASPDNSF. Questions for my developer

Hello,

We are considering to move to ASPDNSF, but we will need custom work done to it, and our developer does not have a license for Aspdnsf. Reason for this because he has been developing for our legacy asp website and he knows what we need, and he can probably move his codes from asp to dot net easily.

If we purchase the ML license + source code, will that enable our developer to do whatever he needs to do with it?

Is there anything hidden or blocked that we can't do to the software?

Does the developer need to pay anything in order to work with ASPDNSF?

I couldn't find any of this info from the website, hence my question here. We have been using Everest's ecomm module which came with the accounting package as a $10k add-on, and we just found out there are many codes which control core functions, are complied in DLLs which only Everest itself has access to. This is a huge limitation for the type of customization we need to do to it.

I hope ASPDNSF is 100% open source. We are really looking forward to switch!

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Well 'open source' doesn't really just mean you get access to everything, there's a lot more to it than that. We do provide the vast majority of the code if you purchase the source though, there are only 3 things you don't get:

1. Our licensing logic
    2. Our encryption logic
    3. The source for a couple of 3rd party components we use (like Telerik)

Everything else, you get, so there should be very few modifications you'd want to make that you wouldn't be able to.

As for the developer, as long as you purchase the source code for your license he won't need to pay anything to work with it.

Hope that helps

great! that's good to know. thanks for the clarification!

I have another question.

is aspdotnetstorefront capable of handling 250,000 SKUs ?

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

250,000 products is right at the limit of what we recommend for the software 'out of the box'. With a good hosting environment and some performance tuning it can go quite a ways past that.

So the limit is due to hardware/hosting but the software is capable of over 250k SkUs right? we have our own dedicated database server and web server, which are hosting our current ERP and website with a 4gb sql database without any performance issues.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Given some of the tweaking mentioned above and in a good hosting environment, the software can run with quite a lot more than 250k products, yes. We've got a couple of customers running with products in the millions.