Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product needs to download and ship

MikeI is offline Junior Member

Default Product needs to download and ship

I have a product that a customer will receive a download and is shipped a DVD.
    If I select "Is Download" then shipping is not calculated. If "Is Download" is not selected, then the download email is not sent.

Any idea how I can configure this product so shipping is charged and the customer receives an Email?

Thanks.

Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That is not possible without customization. I can give you an alternative way (similar way you wanted to achieve) to charge customer who purchased downloadable items that requires shipping without modifying the source. You can just simply create a required item tagged on that downloadable product. I can show you the screenshots of what I did on my end.

Required item:
    Name:  requires.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  2.7 KB

If a customer adds the product to the cart that has "required item", the required product(s) will be added as well.

Name:  shopping.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB

Since the "with DVD for shipping" item requires shipping, in the checkoutshipping.aspx page user can select shipping options.

Name:  shipping.jpg
Size:  21.2 KB

MikeI is offline Junior Member

I don't think this will work for the download only variant, since Product Required is attached to the Product and not the variant.